21 March 2011

Peace. Autonomy. Freedom.

Save Tibet. Free Tibet. Autonomy for Tibet. These are words that I see everywhere I go here in Mcleodganj. Someone has painted on the side of a house, in large white letters, TIBET WILL BE FREE. Words of hope line streets, t-shirts, bags, everything. Images of the missing Panchen Lama, who was just a small boy when he was abducted, can be found around town, along with other signs and notices announcing that the Refugee community has not forgotten, or have they given up hope.

The other night, as I was just being served dinner, I heard chanting in the streets. Hundreds (if not thousands) had gathered for a peace march, carrying candles and chanting a prayer in Tibetan.  It is something that still happens here often, I'm told. I took a video, because it seemed a shame to keep something like this for myself.

On the mountainside near the Tibetan neighborhood, I left crane 96 with the words "Hope for Tibet." 

 
My camera deceptively added light to the twilight of this scene.




No comments:

Post a Comment