17 March 2011

100 Paper Cranes


With one hundred days of journeying before I find my way back to my home and my love, I've decided to start a little tradition. I've started making paper cranes, 100 small paper cranes out of scrap paper, local advertisements and my own notes, one for each day of the rest of my journey. As I travel, I'll leave them in places- beautiful places, memorable places- short-lived pieces of art, pieces of me, sprinkled throughout India.

Crane 100 I leave on the upper deck of the place that I temporarily call home. It is a page from my small spiral notepad, written on it is the address of the Guest House, a note from before I had ever seen it. From chairs made of soft local reeds, I can sit and watch the mountains and the valley, or open my curtains to see them turn a deep red as the sun sets. 

The next sunset, this little crane will be painted red along with the rest of the mountain. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment